It seems that over the last couple of weeks the Internet has been littered with advice on exercising patience with your roster in April. Since I’ve already taken my turn beating that topic into the ground, I thought I’d find something more fun to talk about.
Like I said last week, it’s too early to let stats get to you. However, that doesn’t mean you have to ignore the stats entirely. In fact, my post today is going to look at some of the more interesting things April has offered my squad so far.
- The most HR anyone on my team has hit so far this season is 4. The three players on my squad to reach that mark – Andre Ethier, Justin Morneau and Omar Infante (?)
- According to Yahoo, my team had the most HR in my league for Week 2 with 13.
- Infante also has the highest BA (.333). He has averaged 10 HR and a .276 BA over his 11-year career.
- Ethier leads my team with 18 RBI. No one else has more than 9.
- The lowest BA on my team – Ryan Raburn (.081). Interestingly enough, he doesn’t have the lowest OBP though (my league uses OBP instead of R), that distinction belongs to Jose Tabata, whose BA is 30 points higher.
- With a staff that includes Zack Greinke, Matt Garza, James Shields and Johnny Cueto – my most valuable starter so far is Danny Duffy.
- Yes, I owned Mark Melancon and yes, his damage to my roster is his entire 49.50 ERA and 6.00 WHIP. At least I got the 1 K.
- Yes, it’s ok to drop Melancon at this point.
- Finally, despite all the fantasy advice about sitting tight in April, one team in my league has already made 23 roster moves this season. Not surprisingly (at least to me), he currently sits in 9th.
If you want to see just how crazy April can be, take a look at who leads your team in each category. Chances are many of your current category leaders won’t be at the top once September rolls around.
Does anyone else have interesting category leaders on their teams? Share them either in the comments or on our Facebook page.